Monday, February 28, 2005

Friend Day

It was good for my soul to worship and praise with the Jinja Church of Christ again yesterday. I'm telling you, these people know how to lift their voices to the Lord! Every American should experience it at least once.

I spoke to the church for about 10 minutes encouraging them to stand strong in the faith. The church has decreased in size some but it is obvious the ones who remain have increased their faith. Taking a page from my home church's (Memorial Drive Church of Christ in Tulsa) playbook, I announced that next Sunday is Friend Day. They all agreed they had friends who don't attend church and they all agreed to invite those friends. I will be preaching and I look forward to the opportunity to share Christ to all of our friends.

Speaking of friends, Mading came to visit me today with one of his cousins. We are both trying to get our body clocks on African time and we are both having a hard time with it. I bought them a soda and we had a good discussion. I hope to see them again Sunday.

2 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger Shawn said...

Clint-you are just wearing me out with all of these great posts. The more I hear, the more I want to be there with you. I can only imagine how Briley is feeling when she reads of your excitement. I am so thankful that the Jinja team felt loved and encouraged by the X-mas in February. Please send them our love and thankfulness for the great work that they are involved in there in Jinja. I am so happy that you were able to meet with your airplane buddy. How great is that! Friend DAY!!!??? IF you could only throw in a "what you're about time" it would be perfect. I love you brother and am blessed over and over again by your reports.

Shawn

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Shawn said...

Oh by the way, you gotta catch Larry's Blog today - ouch!!!!

Shawn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home