Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Vote for Roz

Roz Carr, an extraordinary 94 year old woman and founder of Kibo's Rwandan partner project, the Imbabazi Orphanage, is a finalist for the 2007 Volvo For Life Award. This award honors modern day heroes. The winners will receive worldwide recognition and a cash award of $50,000.

You can vote on line once a day between now and February 4th. Just click on Roz' name above to get to Volvo's website, click on Vote, New Jersey, Roz' name and submit your vote.

Tell your friends and vote every day. The awards ceremony will take place in New York in April 2007.

3 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger David Parks said...

Clint, I will vote for Roz if you give me a hollar,
daparks@bellsouth.net
DP

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Clint said...

You got it. Check your inbox.

 
At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roz Carr is an exemple to all of us, especially we women. She has showed that it can be done: making a difference by yourself. How many times have you asked yourself: I am all by myself, so I can't make a difference? She did it, because she felt it was right.

I grew up in Rwanda, and we visited Roz regularly. A trip to Mugongo was always a great joy, especially when we went there to pick up our puppy, thw son of Roz's doigs Tiffany and Flip.

All these and other memories came back when I heard she passed away. Somehow, I thought she would go on for ever. But she won't be gone, really. As my late gradfather said: you are only dead when forgotten by the world.

Miriam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home