Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Dirty Feet

As I read through the Gospels I read of Jesus walking along the dusty roads meeting needy people in their villages as they live their every day lives. He heals those who are sick and he reaches out to the outcasts. He gets his feet dirty as he gives life.

There are six missionaries here in eastern Uganda who are making a great impression of Jesus. Ben, Kym, Spencer, Emily, Erika and McKensey get their feet dirty daily as they involve themselves in the daily lives of so many needy people. They don't see much leprosy but they do see many suffering from AIDS. They help many who are simply left behind by the rest of the world.

They're getting their feet dirty just as Jesus did.

2 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Blogger Shawn said...

Clint:
Thank you so much for the reminder that we are to be about the work of Jesus. I am thankful for the Jinja six and their beautiful example. Oh how I wish I were there.
I read Larry James' Blog today and was reminded of how quickly we can lose sight of what we were called to be about and to think that life is found in the accumulation of a safe and comfortable life.
I pray that you are getting rested. As I was singing Meredith to sleep I was praying that you were able to close your eyes and to rest, even in the midst of the Spirit working you over.
I was hoping you could give me an update on the man who had his hip replaced and was basically abandoned by his village....I can't for the life of me remember his name, but you will.
I am excited to hear of the great blessing of Friend Day Jinja style. Thank you again for all that you are doing. I love you my brother.

Shawn

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Shawn said...

Clint:
I just re-read this entry and I can't get over the statement "simply left behind by the rest of the world". That is a powerful observation. It is of absolutely no worth unless we are able to take faithful leaps when led by the Spirit to allow ourselves to be moved in ways that would make a difference. Thank you GOd for the way that you are working right now and for the ways that you are helping us to better understand what true service to you. Please show us your will and help us to understand what you would have us do. AMEN

SHawn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home