Thursday, November 23, 2006

A Thanksgiving to Remember

Happy Thanksgiving!

While I prefer to enjoy Thanksgiving with my family, this Thanksgiving is certainly one to remember. Most of the day was spent at our Gisenyi hotel getting acquainted with the other Imbabazi board members and other friends of Roz. At 6 p.m. Mark, Adam and I sat at Roz' table and enjoyed a great turkey dinner with dressing, rice, green beans, cranberry sauce, and then pumpkin pie and chocolate cake. There were 14 of us around the table and the conversation was filled with fascinating stories from Roz' life. We were a unique group all brought to the table by Roz. Everyone had a chance to say their thanks and I told them about how thankful I am for Briley, Easton, Tyler and McKensey, family and new friends. There was a lot of laughter mixed in with some tears in the three and a half hours we were there.

We leave at 8 a.m. tomorrow for Roz' farm where we will make final preparations of her grave marker and the memorial service. We will be there by 9 a.m. and the service begins at 2 p.m.

1 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Blogger Justin Forman said...

Clint,

I'm leaving a comment here since I couldn't find another way to reach you. I appreaciate the emotion and the updates that you are giving on this blog. I have a blog committed to the integration of business and mission along with a monthly ezine.

I would love to learn more about the story of "the source" and how you are connected along with sharing the it's story to the readers. Please email me when you have a chance at justin at rightnow.org

 

Post a Comment

<< Home