Saturday, December 09, 2006

Trip Pictures - Uganda


Am finally getting around to posting some pictures of our trip. We were a short 2 days or so in Uganda. Will post Rwanda pictures later.

Here is Idah, Kaweri and the Source cafe kitchen staff celebrating the arrival of a new industrial strength frying pan. Briley and I took them a similar one about 5 years ago they were still using - and using 6 days a week since then. It was a moment of joy for all involved. Thanks Danna for shopping for them!


Here are some shots of The Source Cafe. Internet cafe, craft shop, coffee shop, and then church meeting area behind the Source. It looks great and as you can tell, it is a place that serves many bazungu (white folks) and the profits are used to serve the church and many church ministries.



Finally, Mark is showing off some Uganda coffee in our village visit to Kyabirwa and spending time with Manda, Sarah and their family.


4 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Blogger Danna said...

Thanks for sharing these pictures. I can't tell you the feelings that overwhelmed me as I saw those guys holding the pan that I shopped for; it made me feel like a part of what is going on in Jinja. Thanks for asking me to do such a small thing that is blessing me so big! :o) Thanks for how you have shared and continue to share your life with these Ugandans AND with me!

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Clint said...

Danna, Thanks. To steal Terry Rush's words, "I'm so glad I get to be me." I am blessed with incredible friendships on both sides of the world and I'm just so fortunate to be able to be a link between servant hearted Christians in African and here in the States. Each relationship teaches me so much about God's Kingdom.
You and Doug, Shawn and Arlene, Bilyeu's, Stricklands, Johnsons, Gatewoods, Jones and so many more (I can't list them all) from Memorial and all over the States have encouraged me in encouraging my Christian relationships in Africa. And through it all, I believe we experience a great Christian community.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Lana said...

Clint,
Your pictures made me so excited! I leave on Friday for Jinja and totally stoked. I'm glad you had a good time on your trip!
Take care

 
At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is great to see pictures of the Source Cafe! What a great work the Lord is doing there!

We have post on our blog about your work with Kibo in Uganda.

God Bless,
The Aquila Network

 

Post a Comment

<< Home