Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Last Minute Christmas Shopping? - Try the Mvule Project

Going back and forth from Africa to America has opened my eyes to a lot of things but especially to social injustice issues. It is very much a moral issue to me. I can't help but read Amos and think we live in a very similar time as his time. I get amazed, saddened, overwhelmed at the extreme poverty my African friends live in while I'm simultaneously amazed at our American consumerism and pressure to buy and buy more things - things we often don't really need.

For more on these thoughts, check out this video made by my Kibo partner, Mark Moore, just after they returned from living almost 10 years in Africa. And then if you are still looking (as I am) for some last minute Christmas gifts, buy a mvule tree in Uganda! It will be a gift that just keeps on giving and will help many of my Ugandan friends.

Click the link below to read all about it!









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home