Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Imbabazi Foundation

I knew there was a Foundation created a few years ago to secure the future of Roz' Imbabazi Orphanage in Gisenyi, Rwanda, but I never dreamed of being a member of it! This is another door I believe God flew open on my trip.

While I was with Roz she asked me if I would mind if she proposed me to be one of the ten board members for the Foundation. She explained that last year one of the board members died in a diving accident. I asked questions about the Foundation and then agreed. The next week the Foundation Board met and agreed to accept me as their newest member. What an honor to be part of a group that has the welfare of over 100 orphaned Rwandan children as their primary purpose.

Of the ten board members, six live here in the States, one in Italy and three in Rwanda. They meet twice each year - once in the States and once in Rwanda. Of course, due to travel challenges, not all meetings are attended by board members.

I'm not sure what God has in mind here but we'll see where He takes it next!

1 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clint,
It's uncanny that I was led to this post. I read Roz's book "Land of a Thousand Hills" on my flight to Uganda. I support a Rwandan orphan who was a victim of the genocide and she lives in Uganda. I would very much love to communicate with Roz regarding orphans in Rwanda as I have a very powerful idea which could help them so much. Would appreciate it if you could put us in touch. Gordon Nicol
gjnicol@swbell.net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home