Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Tulsa International Soul Winning Workshop

The Tulsa Workshop had a huge impact on my life as I attended every year growing up. I was always inspired by how people were going out and serving God in every corner of the world.

Twenty years ago today I committed my life to Christ and was baptized in front of thousands of people at the Tulsa Workshop. I remember, like it was yesterday, hearing Ronnie White preach on David and Goliath and pledging myself to have the same kind of faith David had - a faith that would conquer absolutely anything when the Lord was on my side.

This year is no different. (Thousands of people have already began making their annual trek to Tulsa.) I have an opportunity to speak this weekend to about 30 individuals who are willing to consider uprooting their American lives and move to Rwanda to serve the poor and to expand God's Kingdom there. I'm thankful for and inspired by each one of them.

May God continue to light the fire within us "to go" and do His work in all the world. May God use the Tulsa Workshop powerfully once again this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home