Saturday, March 12, 2005

Almost Home

I board the plane here in Kigali in 7 hours. I wish I could just be zapped home in an instant to see my family. Evidently, Tyler, my 4 year old wishes for that too.

A week ago Tyler made a wish to his Mom that I would come home. Yesterday, Tyler was crying and when Briley asked what was wrong he could only say, "I want to talk to Jesus!" over and over again. Finally he shared more, "I want to tell Jesus to bring my Daddy back."

I'm looking forward to a sweet reunion!

I'll try to post some follow-up comments on my trip later next week after I've hugged on my family and caught up at work some.

4 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger B / J Davis said...

Hi Clint,
I know a family that can't wait to go to the airport to meet ther daddy. Welcome Home! I can't wait to visit with you to hear more stories. Thank you for writing on your blog page so that we can all realize more about what the mission work in Uganda and Rwanda is all about. I'm so thankful for people like you and Terri that go into the mission field to teach and serve. love you, Mom

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger Sara Barton said...

Clint,
I just read through your blog entries. I am so thankful that you were able to go on this trip and encourage our friends in Busoga and be encouraged by them. It seems that Rwanda is on the minds of many recently. God is using a movie to ignite interest, and I'm glad you are a part of doing something for the people of Rwanda.
We love you and miss seeing you, Briley & the kids on a regular basis.
I am always so thankful to hear and read about what God is doing in your life.
Love,
Sara

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Rodger said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Rodger said...

HI Clint:
May Tyler and your family be filled with HUGs and kisses and sweet reunion. Thanks for going back to Jinja and for the report. Thanks for being a Barnabas. Thanks for the opportunity to be involved with you in Rwanda. May God continue to bless and keep you and yours and this work.
Our love, Rodger and Norma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home