Saturday, March 05, 2005

A Wonderful Week, On to Rwanda

I'll be shifting gears on this trip tomorrow. As soon as church is over I will be traveling with the resident Jinja missionaries to western Uganda on our way to Rwanda on Monday. We will stay with some good friends in Mbarara tomorrow night (about a five hour drive). I don't expect to be able to blog very often this next week as we'll be staying in guesthouses and away from Internet connections. The French keyboards are difficult as well!

It has been an exhausting yet fulfilling week here in Jinja. So many people seen and visited. There have been very early mornings and very late nights as every minute has been valuable. I have seen God move in powerful ways every day and it has been a privilege to be a part of it. I wish I could have more time to write about Alice, Moses, Ida, James, Grace, Sam, Lazarus, Ronald, and The Source. There is so much more to tell and not enough time.

I will close out the week in Jinja by preaching at Jinja Church tomorrow morning. As I mentioned before it is Friend Day and many of my old friends who are not church members have promised me they'll be there. I've invited my former electrician, some boda bodas (bicycle taxi drivers), more new Sudanese friends and many more. I'm hoping for a big crowd and for the Spirit to move powerfully.

3 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger Shawn said...

Clint:
So happy to hear of the great success while you were in and about Jinja. Thank you God for allof the ways that you are working. Clint, I pray that your trip to Rwanda will be even more successful. I look forward to hearing all of those stories that you didn't have time to tell about. I hear a lunch over potatoe cakes coming!!! Just know, my brother that you arebeing raised to the father every day. Press on and have a great Friend day - Jinja Style - Shawn

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger B / J Davis said...

Clint: We went to see Hotel Rwanda last night and it was surreal thinking that you will be there in a matter of hours. We are doubling our prayers for your safety and that God will open doors for his work in that country. It won't be long until we are shacking up with y'all for the Tulsa Workshop. Looking forward to the whole story. Saw Dr. Ganus this a.m. and gave him your blog address. He was pleased to hear that you had been the one who baptized the teacher at HA. May God Bless Your Travels This Week.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger B / J Davis said...

Hi Clint,

Brooks gave me permission to use their sight. I just want you to know that my heart and soul is filled with all kinds of emotions when I read about your trip. I am hoping that you will continue to write on your blog page when you get back to America. We all want to hear the stories about the people that you have mentioned and Friend Day at the Jinja Church. I am so thankful that you are such a wonderful servant and that you have such a passion for mission work and teaching people about our Lord. You and Briley have had tremendous influence on the people in Uganda and it's so neat to see that your efforts continue to grow. You two also have a wonderful influence on the people you are close to in Tulsa. I am so proud of you both. As Brooks said, we are doubling our prayers for your safety as you continue your travels into Rwanda (especially on the roads).
I love you, Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home