Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Beautiful Rwanda

Rwanda is often called the "Land of a Thousand Hills" and is one of the most beautiful places I have seen on earth. Some compare it to Switzerland but with lots of tropical crops, trees and flowers. The mountains, lakes, and greenery are just amazing.

It is hard to believe that less than 11 years ago Rwanda was in mass chaos, with about 800,000 murdered in 100 days. In several visits the past six years I am seeing excellent strides toward stability, security and development. It will take generations to recover from the genocide but good things are happening here.

The most important thing that can happen is that all Rwandans and residents of Rwanda will love each other as Jesus loved us. The reconciliation that Christ brings is the way forward and it is my prayer that all Rwandans will understand and know Jesus more each day.

3 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Blogger B / J Davis said...

Hotel Rwanda did not show much of the countryside, but I thought it did a great job of introducing the natives of Rwanda (assuming it is true to life) ... Please take some pictures - and email them if possible ...Glad you checked in, we have been praying. Love, Brooks

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger B / J Davis said...

Hi Clint,

I was so excited when I just logged on to your page and found a new entry. Yeah! I love reading about your trip. Rwanda sounds so beautiful. We are praying that your visit to the orphanage has been a blessing to Roz (can't think of her last name). I know that she is encouraged by your visit. I am so glad that your trip has been so wonderful but I know that you are ready to get home to your sweet family. AND, I know for a fact that THEY are ready for you to be home. We are all counting "the sleeps" that are left. : ) I love you and I'm so proud of what you are doing.
Mom

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

Creative blog.  I thought it was the best site out
and we had to go back to it! Every chance I get on the
net I search for blogs just like your site.
Want to see top notch work, peep my university of phoenix mba blog site for the bomb work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home