Thursday, March 10, 2005

Roz' Mugongo farm

It was a little surreal drinking tea in Roz' living room at her Mugongo farmhouse this morning. Unfortunately she couldn't join us, so as we were drinking tea I took her book "Land of a Thousand Hills" off of her own bookshelf and read several pages to our group.

I read of how she was reunited with her cook (who had just served us tea) after the genocide. I read of her life back in the 50's and how she treated the sick and injured at her back door.

We also walked around her incredible flower farm and saw the orphanage for the future. She hopes to move the children to her farm again this coming November. It was all an incredible site high up in the hills with two volcanoes towering above us.

If you haven't already, you have to read her book! You won't believe her stories, but now I've seen them firsthand. You can order it off of Amazon.

3 Comments:

At 6:27 AM, Blogger Shawn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Shawn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Shawn said...

Clint:
I am floored by what God is doing with this trip. I am so thankful that He has worked it out that your path has intersected with Roz's. I am so happy that you were able to sit at her farm and drink that cup of tea and to share those stories with the group. And Oh, how I wish I could have heard those voices as they sang their songs for your group. May God continue to tear down barriers and unite people to continue in this great mission effort. I love you my brother - Shawn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home